After rejoicing at the completion of my business website, I did little to draw potential clients there. The enormity of developing 18 pages of content from scratch, was daunting, and for a time I felt a little burnt out. While I knew what I needed to do — I just wasn’t motivated to do more heavy lifting — toting the internet barges and hauling the big creative bails is exhausting.
Well, this week I’ve finally recovered the genuine enthusiasm I had when the project began. I’m again making connections and driving myself to achieve. Why it went away or what caused it to return, I can’t say, but welcome home ingenuity!
If you need a nudge or are feeling sluggish, don’t fret. Here are just the quotes for you.
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
- The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’ -Jeffrey Bezos
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan
- Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. –Babe Ruth
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. –Chinese Proverb
- Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. –Napoleon Hill
- Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. –Henry Ford
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. –Zig Ziglar
- If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. –George Addair
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. –Arthur Ashe
- Fall seven times and stand up eight. –Japanese Proverb
- I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. –Leonardo da Vinci
- I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong. –Benjamin Franklin
- Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. –Gloria Steinem
- The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. –Ayn Rand
Indeed I have begun the online list making to which everyone is attached. It’s seems as if no one, including myself, has an attention span of more than two short sentences. But as I always say, that’s a rant for another day.